Even though numerous people are not aware of it, a mold may represent a grave problem in the house, and it can appear in multiple places, not just under the sink, in the basement, or at the shower curtain.
It can be found on the roof, in drywall, on the objects in the bathroom, and even on the Christmas tree! Actually, according to one study, Christmas trees can breed mold, emitting millions of spores into the room and thus leading to winter allergies and asthma attacks.
Researchers also discovered that the quality of the airindoors was reduced six-fold within the two weeks the Christmas tree is kept in the room for the holidays.
Mold can be of thousand types, but scientists have classified it in according to the effects it has on the people and other living beings, as follows:
These molds are on the low end of the danger scale, as they lead to issues in the case of asthma or in children which are prone to mold allergies.
Pathogenic molds cause infections, so they are especially dangerous for people with a weakened immune system. People exposed to this kind of mold experience an acute response which is similar to bacterial pneumonia.
Due to its numerous serious health issues, you need to know the 11 most common symptoms of mold illness:
- Asthma and sinus issues, such as shortness of breath and cough
- Eye issues, such as light sensitivity and red eyes
- Headaches, Brain Fog, Memory issues, Trouble Focusing
- Disturbed temperature regulation and night sweats
- Fatigue, Weakness
- Numbness and tingling sensations
- Muscle cramps with no evident reason, constant nerve pain, aches, and joint pain
- Digestive problems, including abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, appetite changes
- Excessive thirst and frequent urges for urination
- Tremors and vertigo
f you suffer these symptoms often, and mold has significantly affected your health and everyday life, you need to know how to solve this serious problem and avoid further complications.